I am a Dublin based multimedia artist, originally from Romania, working in Photography, Sculpture, Art Installation, Art Performance and Painting, focusing on themes related to the environment. I studied Fine Art, oil painting, for four years in Romania before transferring my studies to Business Administration and a Master’s Degree in Banking and Capital Markets. After working in the banking sector and in the corporate environment for the past nine years, I have decided to return to the Arts. I am a recent graduate (2019) of Griffith College where I’ve earned a BA in Visual Arts, Photography.
I am working exclusively with materials sourced from illegal dumping sites around the city or collected from my own waste, paired with natural elements in the attempt of creating a 100% environmentally friendly practice.
• 2016 - 2019 BA Visual Arts in Photographic Media, Griffith College, Dublin, Ireland.
• 2011 - 2013 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Master’s Degree in Banking and Capital Markets at „Babeş-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
• 2007 - 2010 Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication at „Babeş-Bolyai” University, Cluj- Napoca, Romania
• 2002 - 2006 Romulus Ladea - Arts Institute, Certificate in Oil Painting, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 2019 Member of “Visual Artist Ireland Association”
- 2019 Member of “Project Vortex”- my profile is in the process of being published on Vortex website
- 2019 Member of “A4 Sounds”,artist-run workspace and gallery in Dublin, Ireland (my profile is in the process of being published on A4 Sounds website)
- 2019 Panelist “Climate Action Festival” UCD, Dublin, Ireland (17.10.2019)
- 2019 Selected for "Water for Life International Art Exhibition" Cancun, Mexico (07.11.19 - 15.11.2019)
- 2019 Group Exhibition: “Locale III” Dublin, Ireland (24.10.2019-31.10.2019)
- 2019 Selected for Collective Ideas- collaborative and creative initiative funded by Irish Aid with a focus on global issues (15.06.19- 25.08.2019)
- 2019 Winner: "Noone Casey Griffith College Bursary Award"
- 2019: Bursary award "New Voices of Ireland" Scheme funded under Participatory Arts, and the Arts Council Ireland
- 2019: Group exposition “Cultural memory, transition, temporality” included in the “Culture Night Festival” (13.09.2019): New Voices of Ireland Scheme funded under Participatory Arts, and the Arts Council Ireland
- 2019 "Graduate Show", Griffith College, Dublin, Ireland (06.06.19 - 13.06.2019)
- 2005: Winner - National Art Olympics, Romania - Oil painting
PUBLICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
• 2019 Murze Magazine Click here to read the article
• 2019 Visual Artists Ireland Association Click here to read the article